Principal Data Scientist
Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go… fancy joining us?
About the position
You will join Cabify’s Data Science team, a group of 11 highly motivated specialists with access to all data within the organization. The team is involved in all main areas of the company, including vehicle and route management, understanding user experience, pricing, fraud detection, and marketing optimization (see for yourself: exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C). You will work with state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure to help improve everyday operations in more than 40 cities worldwide. Cabify's Data Science team provides a unique opportunity to not only test and learn but also implement great ideas that will shape the future of our cities.
As a Principal Data Scientist in our team, you will:
- Lead and develop high-impact data science projects, working closely with other data, engineering, product and business teams.
- Be an active participant in product development conversations, proposing new features and providing the data science perspective in everything we build.
- Lead the definition and results analysis of real-life experiments, following academy-standard scientific methods and procedures, to demonstrate the impact of the new product features we develop.
- Propose and lead the development of new machine-learning models.
- Be a technical reference for other Data Scientists in the team. This includes academic knowledge, good research practices, up-to-date stack knowledge, etc.
- Help to convert the team’s technical knowledge into real and tangible business insights that bring value to the company.
- Divulge complex ideas to all sorts of stakeholders, in alignment with the deeply-rooted data culture of the company.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 8 years of professional experience working as a data scientist or equivalent research role.
- Strong educational background, e.g Master/PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Strong background in Probability & Statistics.
- Strong knowledge of either Python or R for data analysis (better if both) and data visualization libraries.
- Experience with data extraction and processing. Capable of writing complex SQL code.
- Experience in the various aspects of scientific experimentation (experiment design, population sampling, testing methodology, statistical significance analysis, etc.).
- Experience bringing machine learning to production, with all its subtleties: deploying, training, testing, model degradation, model serving, etc.
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment.
- Experience publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience with state-of-the-art methods in topics like deep learning models, time series analysis, bayesian statistics, causal inference, etc.
- Experience with geo data modeling, analysis and visualization.
- Experience/knowledge in behavioral economics.
- Experience in mentoring/teaching.
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our high-performance team:
- Excellent Salary conditions: L5 up to €99k
- Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly off!
- Flexible work environment & hours.
- This position is partially on site, we expect you to come to the office 3 days per week!
- Our office is located in Madrid.
- Regular team events (quarterly offsite events & afterwork every Thursday).
- Cabify staff free rides,.
- Personal development programs based on our career paths.
- Annual budget for training
- Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- All the equipment you need (you only have to bring your talent).
- A pet room ,so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!
Something looks off?