Senior Product Manager
We are a global scale-up from Barcelona, born in 2015, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We envision a world free from fossil fuels and we believe the first step in this journey is creating solutions that make electric vehicle charging easier for everyone.
We’re devoted to researching and developing state-of-the-art electric vehicle charging solutions for homes, businesses, and cities. And this way, our mission is to create more sustainable ways of using and sharing energy.
We want to empower people to create, use and share renewable energy in ways they never imagined.
Wallbox currently operates in over 60+ countries and has offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Shanghai, San Francisco, London, Nice and Amsterdam. We are powered by a culture of trust, innovation and diversity. For us, talent has no borders. We have more than 600+ dedicated experts from over 35+ different nationalities working together to create the most innovative products and the best experiences for our customers.
This culture has shown to be rewarding in many ways - amongst them, the creation of the world’s first bidirectional charger, the Quasar, and the recognition as the best of CES 2020 in transportation technology. We have recently closed a financial investment that has brought the total round to €33M and we’ve been recognized as LinkedIn's Top 5 Startups 2020 in Spain.
At the end of the day, working at Wallbox is at the same time challenging, fun and rewarding. If you like the idea of a dynamic environment, desire to work alongside an incredibly talented, fast-growing team and believe in the future of sustainable transportation, this is the place for you.
Are you ready to change the world with us?
About the role:
As a Senior Product Manager you will be the main responsible and contact point for o product family in our AC portfolio, defining roadmap, strategy and working on daily-basis improvements. You will be working on a business oriented role, but a strong HW technical and industrialization background is also required, so you understand the requirements coming from customer alongside the ones coming from our Operations or other teams. As internal and external contact point, you have strong communication skills. Provide ownership and proactive point of view is key for this position.
- Be the owner of the product from concept to end of life.
- Be responsible of the product roadmap, based on improving or developing functionalities to ensure that the product competes in its range in the market, as well as to face the regulations of the countries in which it has to be sold.
- Short and medium-term vision.
- Follow up the overall project plan. You are responsible for dates and maintain close communication within development (Tech) and manufacturing (Operations), among other departments such as service, marketing, sales and quality.
- Keep a close engagement with marketing for the definition of market needs, schedule product launches and campaigns.
- Manage a continuous optimization plan in view of the changing market needs and day by day topics.
- Technical expertise Ability to push back on engineering estimates and understand technical constraint without needing to consult a teammate. They represent the engineering team when talking to other functions like design, legal, and sales. Engineering skills will be highly appreciated to discuss product’s technical architecture.
- Hardware knowledge on power electronics field or devices. Either consumer electronics or automotive related.
- You don't need to be necessarily a software expert, but you should have the technical acumen necessary to prioritize projects from a solution perspective. A core understanding of product complexity ensures proper team collaboration, respect, and expectations. Maintaining a reliable code base is just as important as shipping new features to customers.
- Data-driven, quick decision making. Product managers are the decision-makers when it comes to user experience—and given the time-sensitivity often associated with user issues, PMs must be able to make the right decisions in short periods of time.
- Design mindset this is a crucial skill as we focus on the importance of design to a great user experience. Understanding Wallbox design strategy and workflow is fundamental. It becomes necessary to work together with UI and UX, and to make suggestions when something does not look or feel right.
- Management, interdepartmental communication is at the heart of every PdM role. From ensuring that designers and engineers are working on the highest-priority tasks to keeping secondary stakeholders such as sales, quality, operations, and data teams aware of product changes, product managers must be on top of all team functions.
- Be dependable and able to delegate, but at the same time willing to roll up his or her sleeves in a crunch. PdMs to read and quickly respond to situations in ways that resonate with the affected individual(s), reducing the friction that would otherwise occur between business units or teams.
- Bachelor (preferably master's) degree in engineering or business administration.
- +3 years of experience as Product Manager in Hardware products
- High communication skills and experience on C-level meetings.
- Experience with Hardware & Software-in-the-loop development cycles.
- Experience in product development and product certification process.
- Analytical skills to set and measure product decisions based on KPIs.
- Flexible and open-minded with an agile approach to project management.
- Soft skills to build and sustain communications with all parties involved in the project.
- Autonomy and self-starter mindset: you move swiftly from strategy to execution, defining processes, engaging and communicating with stakeholders, and ultimately leading transversal team to successfully deliver your goals.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills (min B2 level)
Nice to have:
- Experience in electric vehicle industry
- Knowledge and experience of Jira, Confluence, Notion or equivalent tools
- Proficiency Spanish
- Half-day Fridays!
- 100% company-paid individual medical & dental insurance, after 1 month
- Attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive bonus scheme based on performance
- Flexible working hours
- Hundreds of discounts in different brands & services with our Wallbox Circle benefits platform
- Language classes (English)
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price
- Over 40 different nationalities
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween
Something looks off?