Senior Payroll & People Operations Specialist
Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We do this by creating smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona and selling already in over 80+ countries, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 1K Wallboxers from over 45 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas!
We’re the first Spanish unicorn listed on the NYSE and have been recently named among LinkedIn’s top 3 Spanish startups.
At Wallbox you come first, so we offer a tailored career plan that aligns with your professional goals.
Our journey is not plain sailing - it requires proactive, flexible, and top-performing individuals who are committed to the world of sustainable mobility. But one thing is for sure - it's going to be a fun ride!
The question is: are you ready to change the world with us?
As Senior Payroll & People Operations Specialist, you will be a key member of our People Compliance & Operations team, ensuring smooth and efficient payroll and administration processes for our headquarters based in Spain. We’re looking for smart, ambitious people who are passionate about revolutionising mobility and have proven international experience. You need to be good with numbers and able to handle sensitive information.
- Manage the National payroll process in coordination with the payroll provider and own the full National payroll cycle
- Coordinate new starters documentation and onboard new employees
- Keep our databases up to date
- Manage people benefits
- Ensure we are full compliance and proper governance for all our internal processes related to payroll
- Keep monthly payroll variables updated: cantine, private insurance, extra hours, salary changes, etc.
- Solve or redirect Wallboxer doubts and requests through the ticketing system
- Maintain Payroll databases updated
- Generate needed reportings & dashboards for the business
- Participate in the development and review of company policies, payroll and people operations related.
- Participate in the balance of the payroll calculation, Social Security, taxes (IRPF) and accounting.
- Perform the SOX compliance controls.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Labour Relations or related field
- 4+ proven experience in a similar role
- Experience in National payroll
- Experience in International payroll is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the labour relations regulations
- Excellent communication skills (internal customer manager skills)
- Languages: fluent Spanish & English
- Team player and positive attitude
- Detail oriented and high level of organisation
- This position is based in Barcelona.
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after one month at the company
- Hybrid work (3 days from office / 2 days from home)
- Friday afternoons off
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request)
- Unlimited coffee to fuel your mornings
- Language online classes (English)
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price
- Over 45 different nationalities
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
Something looks off?