Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We do this by creating smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona and selling already in over 80+ countries, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 700 Wallboxers from over 45 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas!
We’re now the first Spanish unicorn listed on the NYSE ($WBX) and have been recently named amongst LinkedIn’s top 3 Spanish startups.
In day-to-day life, you will see our core values shining through our Wallboxers. The passion and dedication towards our mission will hit you the moment you walk through our doors - and there’s no feeling like it.
Our journey is not plain sailing - it requires proactive, flexible and top performing individuals who are committed to the world of sustainable mobility. But one thing is for sure - it's going to be a fun ride!
The question is: are you ready to change the world with us?
We are looking for a Embedded Manager to lead our C++ development team and be responsible for the technical strategy of the department. You will manage a small team of highly skilled developers, including Tech Leads, and be involved in hands-on development and architectural decision-making.
This position is a hybrid of technical and managerial responsibilities, requiring the ideal candidate to be both technically proficient and capable of managing a small team. The role requires someone who can drive the technical strategy of the department, while at the same time leading by example and participating in hands-on development. The role also requires someone who can collaborate with cross-functional teams and foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Lead and manage a team of developers, including Tech Leads, ensuring the successful delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- Drive the technical strategy and vision of the department, collaborating with cross-functional teams, including electronics, mechanics, and software.
- Participate in hands-on development of software for our class-leading chargers, defining requirements based on the state of the art technology and taking the lead in new projects.
- Collaborate in the development of new functionalities to meet product requirements, working with the Product Owner to analyse project feasibility.
- Be the point of contact between engineering and other departments, such as operations and product, ensuring technical progress and activity is visible to all stakeholders.
- Ensure the team's technical skills are up-to-date, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Collaborate in architectural decisions and participate in code reviews, defining coding standards and best practices to ensure high-quality, maintainable code.
- Prepare estimations of projects and manage resources to ensure successful project delivery.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, ensuring the department remains innovative and competitive.
- Relevant computing qualification or degree.
- Extensive work experience with C++, and STL.
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions.
- Development of applications in C++ as part of a team.
- Version control tools, such as Git.
- Solid understanding of embedded application architecture.
- Build systems, Cmake.
- Experience using QML.
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and designing creative solutions.
- Experience with POSIX file systems.
- Experience with MySql.
- Understanding of Operating system / Linux fundamentals.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency, and synchronization.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills (at least equivalent to level C1).
- Strong collaboration skills.
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of electricity.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience in ISO 15118 (CCS) implementation.
- Experience in OCPP implementation.
- Knowledge of NodeJS backend development.
- Experience using Jira, and Confluence.
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control.
- Experience in mentoring and growing teams.
- Network and Bluetooth connection.
- Half-day Fridays!
- First class private health insurance after your first month at Wallbox.
- Free online English classes.
- Flexible compensation valid for restaurants & food delivery apps, transportation, childcare, and learning & development.
- Hundreds of discounts on different brands & services with our Wallbox Circle benefits platform
- Car discounts & special advantages if you choose an EV!
- Smartpoint for all your online orders & services at our offices.
- Free coffee to fuel those tough Monday mornings.
- Variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, every day, at a discounted price at our canteen.
- Learn and grow in a company of over 45 nationalities and counting!
- No suits! Unless it's Carnival or Halloween
Please submit your CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
Something looks off?